Family relationships

Posted by Esther on 08:33
Hello!
Today we´re going to have a look at family relationships. Llet´s talk about a very special family tree.

A family tree
Everybody knows this family.They are the Simpsons.
The series have been on television since 1989 and there are more than 400 episodes.

The Simpsons live at 742 Evergreen Terrace in Springfield, NT, USA, and their phone number is (939) 555-0113.
Now,
let's take a look at the family tree and get to know some more relatives. By the way, what´s the difference between family and relatives?:

Your family:
mother, father,
brother, sister.
Your relatives:
niece, nephew,
uncle, aunt, ... .


Homer is Lisa's father. Bart is Marge's _____.
Marge is Bart's mother. Lisa is Homer's _____.
Homer and Marge are Maggie's parents. Bart is Lisa's brother.
Maggie, Bart and Lisa are Marge's children. Maggie is Bart's sister.


_____ is Marge's husband. Ling is Lisa's _____.
Marge is Homer's wife. Bart is Ling's _____.


Selma is Lisa's _____ _____ is Selma's niece.
Herb is Maggie's uncle. _____ is Patty's nephew.


Abraham is Lisa's _____ Bart is Jackeline's _____.
Mona is Maggie's _____ Lisa is Clancy's _____.
Abraham and Mona are Bart's grandparents. Maggie, Bart and Lisa are Jackeline's grandchildren.


Abraham is Marge's _____ Homer is Patty's _____.
Mona is Marge's _____. _____ is Homer's sister-in-law.

Now, try to complete this activity.
What about this quiz about "The Simpsons"? 

Next,  use as many of the words as possible to talk about your family:

I have a large/small family.
My family has …… members.
I have one older/younger brother/sister

Our family name is (surname)..
My parents have been married for … years.

I don’t have any siblings.
I’m an only child…
I’ve one older sibling, a brother. 
My sister has two children….
I closely resemble my mother. I take after my father… I look like my sister….

I grew up in (place)..…
I get on/don’t get on with my….. My family are quite close. We have a great relationship…


 Last, ask your partner these questions about his/ her family:
 STUDENT A
How many brothers or sisters have you got?
Are friends more important than family? What do you think?
How often do you have big family get- togethers?
Is there a black sheep in your family?
Are you the oldest among your brothers and sisters?
Are your parents strict? 
What time do you have to be home?
How many aunts and uncles do you have? 
How many brothers and sisters do you have? 
How many children do you have?   

STUDENT B 
Do you live with your parents? 
Do you look more like your mother or your father? 
Do you often argue with your mother or father? What about? 
Do you often visit your grandparents?
Do you prefer spending time with your family or friends?

Are there any strange people in your family?
How far back do you know your family tree?
Do you get on well with all your family members?

Do you need some extra practice? EXTRA ACTIVITIES HERE.

Copyright © 2009 ENGLISH VENTURED 2nd E.S.O. All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.